Australian College of Nursing
ACN is a key national professional nursing organisation open to nurses in all settings and at every stage of their careers. They are also an authorised higher education provider and registered training organisation and the Australian member of the International Council of Nurses.
Street address: 1 Napier Close Deakin ACT 2600
Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation is the industrial union for registered nurses, enrolled nurses, midwives, and assistants in nursing doing nursing work in every state and territory throughout Australia.
Canberra Federal Office
Unit 3, 28 Eyre Street
Kingston ACT 2604 Australia
Tel: +61 2 6232 6533
Fax: +61 2 6232 6610
Website: Australian Nursing Federation
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
The functions of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia include:
- registering nursing and midwifery practitioners and students
- developing standards, codes and guidelines for the nursing and midwifery profession
- handling notifications, complaints, investigations and disciplinary hearings
- assessing overseas trained practitioners who wish to practise in Australia
- approving accreditation standards and accredited courses of study.
For internationally qualified nurses and midwives there is a Framework for assessment for registration. Click Here for more information.